Adjusted Cancellation Policy
In light of the Corona Virus Outbreak, and the potential uncertainty over travel, we have adjusted out cancellation policy for new bookings.
Covid is now a known risk and it is possible for you to insure your holiday against it, provided there is no Travel Warning in place in your country of residence. Please see our Travel Insurance guidance below.
Our revised Corona policy for Arrivals in 2021:
For new bookings made from 1st January 2021, for holidays in 2021
- Free cancellation up to 15 days before arrival.
- Deposit of 25% payable when booking is made.
- Balance is due 14 days before arrival.
- If you cancel between 8 and 14 days before arrival, 50% is refundable.
- If you cancel 7 days or less before arrival, no refunds will be given.
Please note though : illness and your boss changing his/her mind and cancelling your leave do not qualify.
Government advisory warnings also do not count.
Usual rules then apply – if we can rent the apartment to someone else, you get back a percentage of whatever we can re-let it for.
- If we as a business are unable to welcome you due to government measures of a lockdown, we will offer to move your booking to another date, or refund any payments already made if you prefer.
- If you are unable to travel due to a government travel ban we will offer a voucher, or change of dates, if you cancel less than 14 days before arrival.
- Changes to bookings will be with no penalty or administration charge – but please note:-
- No price increase – provided it is in the same seasonal band.
- Changes to a higher band will be charged the price difference.
- Changes to dates into 2022 will be subject to 2022 rates – which may be higher than 2021 rates.
If any new restrictions are imposed, we will review our policy in line with new announcements.
If you do have any concerns, please contact us.
Our revised Corona policy for Bookings in 2022:
For new bookings made from 1st January 2021, for holidays in 2022 – our normal terms and conditions apply.
In summary, these are as follows:-
- Deposit of 50% payable when booking is made.
- Balance is due 6 weeks before arrival.
- If you cancel >6 weeks before arrival, the deposit is non-refundable.
- If you cancel between 4 and 6 weeks before arrival, a 25% refund will be given.
- If you cancel <4 weeks before arrival, no refund will be given.
However, we will do our utmost to re-let your booked dates.
In the event that we are successful in obtaining a replacement booking, we will refund the total amount paid by you for the booking
a) less 10% administration fee (minimum fee £50)
b) less the difference in price between your booking and the replacement booking if this is a lower value.
We strongly advise that travel insurance should be purchased.
Cornavirus is now a known risk and companies are issuing new policies that cover Covid-19, provided there is no Travel Warning in place in your country of residence.
We are not permitted to recommend which insurance company to use, but a search using Google should help.
These web pages have articles relating to Covid-19 Travel Insurance.
https://www.traveloffpath.com/covid-19-travel-insurance-everything-you-need-to-know/ . . . scroll down for UK info
Customer inability or disinclination to travel to and stay at Piso Pomsol for any reason:
This includes the inability of any, some or all of Your intended party
Reasons include – but is not limited to – illness (including Covid), a requirement or recommendation to self-isolate or quarantine, shielding, a call to jury duty, military service, incarceration, change in personal or work circumstances, family emergencies, travel delays, vehicle breakdown, and delays with public transport. These remain at Your risk and do not give rise to a right to cancel or to receive a refund unless we re-let the property, other than according to the sliding scale above. We suggest that you to take out travel insurance to cover these eventualities.
If you choose not to take out travel insurance, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
We will still be greeting you but respecting the new hygiene and social distancing recommendations.
When you first arrive at check-in we will provide hydro-alcoholic gel for you to sanitize your hands.
We will wear a mask to greet you. We would ask that you to wear a mask as well.
Please use the hydro-alcoholic gel every time you enter the apartment.
Cleaning, Disinfecting or Sanitising? What's it all about?
Cleaning and sanitising are two different steps in the overall process, and both are required to lower the risk of contamination.
The main difference between cleaning and sanitizing is that cleaning is the act of clearing debris and deposits on a surface, while sanitizing involves killing bacteria after the surface has already been cleared or wiped off.
- Cleaning removes germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces or objects, by using soap (or detergent) and water to physically remove germs from surfaces. This process does not necessarily kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
- Sanitizing lowers the number of germs on surfaces or objects. This process works by either cleaning or disinfecting surfaces or objects to lower the risk of spreading infection.
Disinfecting is more intense than sanitising. Sanitizing is normally sufficient for such items as tabletops and cutting boards, but a disinfectant would be needed for places like bathrooms.
At Piso Pomsol – we have always undertaken both sanitising and disinfecting – paying particular attention to the kitchen and bathroom.
However, we will now be doing even more to ensure that everything is cleaned and sanitised between each guests stay as per the guidelines issued by the Instituto para la Calidad Turística Española (ICTE).
We have been awarded a Responsible Tourism badge and are committed to keeping you safe.
So what are we going to be doing extra at the moment?
Primarily, we are blocking our calendar for THREE days between bookings so that there is adequate time between stays to ensure that your stay with us will be safe.
This is to allow Piso Pomsol to be cleaned even more thoroughly than normal and sanitised ready for you to enjoy your holiday.
As well as the normal cleaning regime, that guests score us very highly on, we will also:-
- Sanitise all keys for your arrival
- Sanitise the main entry door
- Sanitise all soft furnishings
- Disinfect all hard surfaces with bleach solution
- Disinfect all high-touch surfaces with bleach
- Disinfect inside of ALL cupboards in the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and living room
- Put all Utensils, cutlery and crockery through dishwasher cycle
- Wash all Linens and towels, including those that appear unused, at 60o
Our cleaners will be wearing PPE when we clean the apartment to protect both us and you!
Also note that it is mandatory in Spain to wear masks.
Masks must be worn in public places for example on the street and in shops.
In Communidad de Murcia, gatherings of more than 6 people are not allowed (implemented August 2020).
In supermarkets hands must be cleaned with sanitising gel.
Single-use protective gloves are optional – these are provided by most supermarkets.
Last Updated : 16/02/2021 by Bev Pomfret