Adjusted Cancellation Policy
In light of the Corona Virus Outbreak, and the potential uncertainty over travel, we have adjusted our cancellation policy for new bookings.
Please note : if you, or one of your party, does not want to travel for any reason, or cannot travel due to any illness, or from contracting corona virus, or having to quarantine due to being in contact with someone with corona virus you will not be entitled to a refund.
Covid is now a known risk and it is possible for you to insure your holiday against it, provided there is no Travel Warning in place in your country of residence. We strongly advise that you take out insurance to cover this.
Please see our Travel Insurance guidance below.
Our revised Corona policy
- Free Cancellation if we as a business are unable to welcome you due to Spanish government measures of a lockdown.
We will refund any money you have paid – but will also happily change the dates or offer a voucher if you prefer.
- Free change of dates / voucher if you are unable to travel due to a government travel ban in your country if you cancel less than 28 days before arrival.
Please note :
- Illness and your boss changing his/her mind and cancelling your leave do not qualify.
- We are not responsible for any extra costs you may have incurred such as Flights, Car Hire, tours, trips etc.
- Government advisory only warnings also do not count.
Usual rules then apply – if we can rent the apartment to someone else, you get back a percentage of whatever we can re-let it for.
- Changes to bookings will be with no penalty or administration charge.
- There will be no price increase – provided it is in the same seasonal band.
- Changes to a higher seasonal band will be charged the price difference.
- Changes to dates into 2023 will be subject to 2023 rates – which may be higher than 2022 rates.
If any new restrictions are imposed, we will review our policy in line with new announcements.
If you do have any concerns, please contact us.
We strongly advise that travel insurance should be purchased.
Corona virus is now a known risk and companies are issuing new policies that cover Covid-19, provided there is no Travel Warning in place in your country of residence.
We are not permitted to recommend which insurance company to use, but a search using Google should help.
These web pages have articles relating to Covid-19 Travel Insurance.
https://www.traveloffpath.com/covid-19-travel-insurance-everything-you-need-to-know/ . . . scroll down for UK info
Customer inability or disinclination to travel to and stay at Piso Pomsol for any reason:
This includes the inability of any, some or all of Your intended party
Reasons include – but is not limited to – illness (including Covid), a requirement or recommendation to self-isolate or quarantine, shielding, a call to jury duty, military service, incarceration, change in personal or work circumstances, family emergencies, travel delays, vehicle breakdown, and delays with public transport. These remain at Your risk and do not give rise to a right to cancel or to receive a refund unless we re-let the property, other than according to the sliding scale in our Ts&Cs. We suggest that you to take out travel insurance to cover these eventualities.
If you choose not to take out travel insurance, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
Please note that additional requirements are now in force.
Travellers not requiring a Visa entering Spain as tourists (this applies to British citizens from January the 1st 2021) are required to have a valid Travel Insurance (with repatriation clause included and minimum of 35.000 euros of medical expenses).
Proof of economical means of support, proof of accommodation and evidence of return flight may be requested upon arrival.
Please also note that the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) issued by NHS UK is no longer accepted.
It has been replaced by a Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC).
There are some “scam” websites that say that the card is chargeable and will process your application for a fee. IT IS FREE.
You can find more information on the following 2 pages
The GHIC does not pay for repatriation costs – hence the need for Travel Insurance.
We will still be greeting you but respecting the new hygiene and social distancing recommendations.
When you first arrive at check-in we will provide hydro-alcoholic gel for you to sanitize your hands.
We will wear a mask to greet you. We would ask that you to wear a mask as well.
Please use the hydro-alcoholic gel every time you enter the apartment.
Cleaning, Disinfecting or Sanitising? What's it all about?
Cleaning and sanitising are two different steps in the overall process, and both are required to lower the risk of contamination.
The main difference between cleaning and sanitizing is that cleaning is the act of clearing debris and deposits on a surface, while sanitizing involves killing bacteria after the surface has already been cleared or wiped off.
- Cleaning removes germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces or objects, by using soap (or detergent) and water to physically remove germs from surfaces. This process does not necessarily kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
- Sanitizing lowers the number of germs on surfaces or objects. This process works by either cleaning or disinfecting surfaces or objects to lower the risk of spreading infection.
Disinfecting is more intense than sanitising. Sanitizing is normally sufficient for such items as tabletops and cutting boards, but a disinfectant would be needed for places like bathrooms.
At Piso Pomsol – we have always undertaken both sanitising and disinfecting – paying particular attention to the kitchen and bathroom.
However, we will now be doing even more to ensure that everything is cleaned and sanitised between each guests stay as per the guidelines issued by the Instituto para la Calidad Turística Española (ICTE).
We have been awarded a Responsible Tourism badge and are committed to keeping you safe.
So what are we going to be doing extra at the moment?
Primarily, we are blocking our calendar between bookings so that there is adequate time between stays to ensure that your stay with us will be safe.
This is to allow Piso Pomsol to be cleaned even more thoroughly than normal and sanitised ready for you to enjoy your holiday.
As well as the normal cleaning regime, that guests score us very highly on, we will also:-
- Sanitise all keys for your arrival
- Sanitise the main entry door
- Sanitise all soft furnishings
- Disinfect all hard surfaces with bleach solution
- Disinfect all high-touch surfaces with bleach
- Disinfect inside of ALL cupboards in the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and living room
- Put all Utensils, cutlery and crockery through dishwasher cycle
- Wash all Linens and towels, including those that appear unused, at 60o
Our cleaners will be wearing PPE when they clean the apartment to protect both us and you!
Also note that it is mandatory in Spain to wear masks outdoors when a distance of 1.5m cannot be maintained.
Masks must be worn in public places, for example in shops, and when entering or moving round bars and restaurants.
In shops and supermarkets hands must be cleaned with sanitising gel on entry.
Single-use protective gloves are now optional – where required, these will be provided free of charge.
Last Updated : 25/01/2022 by Bev Pomfret