Adjusted Cancellation Policy
In light of the Corona Virus Outbreak, and the potential uncertainty over travel, we have adjusted out cancellation policy for the short term:
- For all bookings already made for stays in 2020 – the terms and conditions for when you booked still apply. However, we are offering to change your reservation free of charge – so you can move your dates up to end December 2021. We agree to keep 2020 prices, and you can carry your deposit over to the new dates, should you feel uncomfortable staying over that period.
- For any new bookings made after June 2020, we still require a 50% deposit, but will accept cancellation up to 15 days before arrival.
If you cancel more than 15 days before arrival, we will refund any money you have already paid.
The balance is due 14 days before arrival.
If you cancel between than 8 and 14 days before arrival, 50% is refundable.
If you cancel 7 days or less before arrival, no refunds will be given
Please note though : illness and your boss changing his/her mind and cancelling your leave do not qualify.
Usual rules then apply – if we can rent the apartment to someone else, you get back a percentage of whatever we can re-let it for.
- If we as a business are unable to welcome you due to government measures of a lockdown, we will offer to move your booking to another date, or refund any deposits. If you are unable to travel due to a government travel warning, we will refund any deposits paid up to 7 days before arrival; we will offer you a voucher, or change of dates, if you cancel less than 7 days before arrival.
- Changes to bookings will be with no penalty and no price change – provided it is in the same seasonal band.
Changes to a higher band will be charged the price difference.
- If you are unable to travel for any other reason, you should refer to your travel insurance – which we strongly advise should be purchased.
- If any new restrictions are imposed, we will review our policy in line with new announcements.
If you do have any concerns, please contact us.
Remember that you will always get the best price and offer overall when you book direct with us at Piso Pomsol @ Roda Golf, and you are putting more money back into the local economy, and not giving it to the large corporate online travel agents.
We will still be greeting you but respecting the new hygiene and social distancing recommendations.
When you first arrive at check-in we will provide hydro-alcoholic gel for you to sanitize your hands.
We will wear a mask to greet you. We would ask that you to wear a mask as well.
Please use the hydro-alcoholic gel every time you enter the apartment.
Cleaning, Disinfecting or Sanitising? What's it all about?
Cleaning and sanitising are two different steps in the overall process, and both are required to lower the risk of contamination.
The main difference between cleaning and sanitizing is that cleaning is the act of clearing debris and deposits on a surface, while sanitizing involves killing bacteria after the surface has already been cleared or wiped off.
- Cleaning removes germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces or objects, by using soap (or detergent) and water to physically remove germs from surfaces. This process does not necessarily kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
- Sanitizing lowers the number of germs on surfaces or objects. This process works by either cleaning or disinfecting surfaces or objects to lower the risk of spreading infection.
Disinfecting is more intense than sanitising. Sanitizing is normally sufficient for such items as tabletops and cutting boards, but a disinfectant would be needed for places like bathrooms.
At Piso Pomsol – we have always undertaken both sanitising and disinfecting – paying particular attention to the kitchen and bathroom.
However, we will now be doing even more to ensure that everything is cleaned and sanitised between each guests stay as per the guidelines issued by the Instituto para la Calidad Turística Española (ICTE).
We have been awarded a Responsible Tourism badge and are committed to keeping you safe.
So what are we going to be doing extra at the moment?
Primarily, we are blocking our calendar for THREE days between bookings so that there is adequate time between stays to ensure that your stay with us will be safe.
This is to allow Piso Pomsol to be cleaned even more thoroughly than normal and sanitised ready for you to enjoy your holiday.
As well as the normal cleaning regime, that guests score us very highly on, we will also:-
- Sanitise all keys for your arrival
- Sanitise the main entry door
- Sanitise all soft furnishings
- Disinfect all hard surfaces with bleach solution
- Disinfect all high-touch surfaces with bleach
- Disinfect inside of ALL cupboards in the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and living room
- Put all Utensils, cutlery and crockery through dishwasher cycle
- Wash all Linens and towels, including those that appear unused, at 60o
Our cleaners will be wearing PPE when we clean the apartment to protect both us and you!
Also note that it is mandatory in Spain to wear masks.
Masks must be worn in public places for example on the street and in shops.
In Communidad de Murcia, gatherings of more than 6 people are not allowed (implemented August 2020).
In supermarkets hands must be cleaned with sanitising gel.
Single-use protective gloves are optional – these are provided by most supermarkets.
Last Updated : 30/11/2020 by Bev Pomfret (following changes to Spanish restrictions)